Assignment description: Life is not a lottery. The ability to choose the way we respond to our circumstances is fundamental to an entrepreneurial mindset. As you answer the 6 questions below, make sure you always type each question before your answer. If you fail to type each question out, you will lose unnecessary points.
Individual Assignment: You can either research an existing entrepreneur who interests you, or a successful person you know in your community. This could be a small business owner, an executive, a self-employed professional, a professional services provider, and educator, family member etc. Write a brief description of the person and how they managed to succeed by answering the following six questions. This may require you to either conduct independent research (existing entrepreneur), or interview the successful individual, if you selected that option. Because of COVID-19, you are advised to conduct interviews throughout the semester using technology and distance. Setup a Zoom call, a phone call, email questions etc.
Respond to the following questions:
- What, if any, advantages did he or she have?
- What challenges did he or she face?
- What are the skills that enabled him or her to succeed professionally, academically, or personally?
- How have his or her choices influenced his/her success?
- How did his or her circumstances influence these choices?
- What problem is he or she solving? Who is he or she solving that problem for?
Please note that all written assignments should be completed using Microsoft Word. If you do not own a copy of Microsoft Office 365 that includes Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications, go to HawkNet and then the "student intranet." You will find a link to Office 365 there.